What tools are available to use on Classes*v2 sites?
The following tools can be added to the menubar
A site participant with the appropriate role can modify the content of the site's menubar by adding or subtracting tools using the Site Info tool.
The site owner can choose to display (or hide) the following tools in the menubar:
- Home: This is the course or project site home page. Home can contain a list of recent announcements, discussion items, and chat messages. Also, participants can access Privacy Status, Messages, and Forums notifications here.
- Announcements: Instructors or TAs can post announcements to the course site homepage which can also get emailed to students. Post current, time-critical information (e.g., to inform users of changes in the schedule or policies of the class).
- Assignments: Post, submit, and grade online assignments. Your participants can submit assignments electronically for grading and comments.
- Chat Room: Hold real-time written discussions with other site participants. Chat is faster and more convenient than waiting for participants to post in the discussion area.
- Clicker Registration: The Clicker Registration tool is used in conjunction with "Clickers" (personal response devices).
- Course Reserves: Course Reserves is a tool that integrates Yale's library offerings into Classes*v2 in order to provide a convenient way for students to access books and articles, both online and at the reserve desk. Instructors may add materials to their reserves list through their course site.
- Drop Box: Create areas for private file sharing between site leaders and participants.
- Email: Send mail to groups in your course (attachment-enabled).
- Email Archive: View email sent to the site.
- Feedback: The feedback tool is useful for instructors who wish to encourage students to give feedback without identifying themselves.
- Forums: Create discussion forums for use in a site.
- Gradebook: Calculate, store, and present grades.
- Help: Support documentation for all the tools and can contain links to other support resources. This tool is part of every site and cannot be deleted from the menubar.
- Library Class Guide: Subject guides prepared by librarians to help you use library resources.
- Media Gallery: The Media Gallery tool is designed to enable instructors, TFs or project site maintainers to upload audio and video files that will be streamed to students and other participants in their Classes*v2 course or project sites.
- Messages: Instructors or TAs can send and receive private messages to other members enrolled in the course site.
- News: Link to RSS newsfeeds.
- Polls: Site leaders can post simple multiple choice polls for voting by site participants.
- Post'Em: Upload and share .csv files to display feedback (e.g., grades and comments) to site participants.
- Resources: Upload, store, and share files and URLs.
- Roster: View the list of site participants.
- Schedule: Post and view deadlines and events (e.g., class session dates, assignments dates, and cancellations).
- Section Info: Create official course subgroupings or sections (e.g., labs or recitations) that are revealed in various tools (e.g., Resources).
- Sign-up: Allows students to sign up for office hours, meetings, review sessions and other events in one convenient place. This tool can also be used in project sites to create meetings for the participants.
- Site Info: Displays information about the site for site participants. Site leaders can use this tool to add participants, edit tools, manage groups, and import files. This tool is part of every site and cannot be deleted from the menubar.
- Statistics: View site statistics by user, event, or site resource file.
- Syllabus: Create and display a course syllabus, or have it point to a pre-existing online syllabus.
- Tests and Quizzes: Create and deliver tests and surveys.
- Web Content: Add web page links to the menubar.
- Web Space: Provides space for hosting and managing a web site for a course or a project site
- Wiki: Collaborate with other participants to create and maintain web pages.