Information about the upgrade
Why are we upgrading
Classes*v2, Yaleâs online learning environment based on Sakai, was last upgraded during the Summer of 2012. A major version upgrade is required for us to remain current with supported versions in the community. In addition to some functional enhancements detailed on the Whatâs New page, this upgrade will improve the security, stability, and overall accessibility of Classes*v2. Because this is a major upgrade, it will be done in two parts.
The Classes*v2 upgrade will be completed in phases during the summer of 2015. Find below the maintenance schedule including two additional outages to upgrade our system infrastructure and database in order to be compatible with the updated Classes*v2.
- Classes*v2 Upgrade Round 1 on Tuesday, May 19 from 6:00 AM - Noon
- Classes*v2 Upgrade Round 2 on Wednesday, July 1 from 6:00 AM - 8:00AM
- Infrastructure Updates on Monday, August 10 6:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Database Updates on Wednesday, August 12 from 6:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Classes*v2 Upgrade Round 3 on Friday, August 14 from 6:00 AM - Noon
How to getÂ help
We are here for you! Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
Email us at email@example.com